Welcome to St. Margaret’s Parish Lochgilphead
The parish which is part of Argyll and the Isles Diocese serves the Roman Catholic community of Lochgilphead and Inveraray on the mainland of Scotland as well as the Isles of Jura and Colonsay.
St. Margaret at 10:00am
All Saints at 12:30pm
Normally St. Margaret's at 10:30am
but please check by clicking here.
Weekday services are subject to change at short notice.
Christmas Mass times:
same as Sunday Masses with
addition of Vigil Mass at Midnight
with carol singing at 11.30pm!
FR. DAVID CONNOR
Parish Priest of St. Margaret's Lochgilphead,
and All Saints Inveraray
You can help ZamScotEd SCIO, our parish charity, raise money for a new classroom in our school in Zambia, by donating directly to our campaign page -
For more information visit Facebook page here
RC Diocese of Argyll and the Isles, Charity Registration
"Joy is a net of love, in which you can catch souls".
NEWS FROM THE PARISH
17 December 2017
This Sunday the 17th of December Fr. Sandy will be with us from 5-6pm to hear confessions. This is a wonderful opportunity to avail yourself of the sacrament and prepare yourselves spiritually for Christmas.
Christmas Clean, and putting up decorations and the crib will commence after mass on Thursday the 21st of December at 11am. Please come and give us a helping hand.
Please help yourself to our latest copy of Unity. Thanks as always to Marian for her hard work and generosity in putting it together.
S.C.I.A.F. There will be a raffle at the back of the church today for a Christmas cake, with all proceeds going to S.C.I.A.F. Many thanks to Cecilia Rees for baking and donating the cake.
In Advent and the lead up to Christmas when we are spending so much money on material things, it is good for us as Christians to think about those who are struggling, in that light. Pope Francis designated November 19 the first World Day of the Poor. He asked that we act for the poor and interact with them. Here are five things we might do as a parish to meet Pope Francis’ request:
• Help MOMA’s Christmas appeal by adding a box of biscuits or tin of sweeties to your usual MOMA donation
• Donate warm clothes for the homeless supported by the Simon Community (leave in the porch for a Glasgow run before Christmas)
• Help Grub’s Up deliver their Christmas Day Gathering in the Red Cross Hall, Union Street, Lochgilphead between 12 and 2pm. They will provide hot soup and a cold buffet and a delivery service for those unable to leave their home. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can pick up people or deliver food, or if you are an entertainer (or just want to join in).
• Join in our next Bake Share in January: bring baking and a buddy.
• Consider volunteering with the refugees in Calais. Marian can put you in touch with Secours Catholique.
This Advent it is proposed to have an Ecumenical evening discussing different aspects of the film "It's a Wonderful life". Advent is a time of re-evaluating our lives, and to discover that we have so much to be thankful for and to live again. Our next evening is on Thursday 21 December at 7pm. at 7pm in here in St Margarets, All are welcome.
An open invitation is extended to you for a quiet time each Tuesday at 12.30pm in Christ Church, Bishopton Road, Lochgilphead. All are very welcome.4
Our prayer group will meet as usual on Wednesday at 7pm in St. Margaret's